My Grandma would make one of these cakes for each adult member of the family at Christmas time. This was a BIG gesture for her because we had 9 kids in our family. When she passed away, my mom took the reins and make the cakes for everyone and then when she passed away, I took over. These take a long time to cook but they are so worth it. The picture doesn’t do it justice, I promise.
Grandma’s Cassie’s Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 lb Butter Not Margarine
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time to the mixture and mix well. Add vanilla and mix well.Alternately add flour and sour cream a little at a time while mixing until all has been added. Beat a little longer until fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Pour into a well greased Bundt pan or angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until a straw comes out clean.