I’m constantly having to print documents from my phone, sign them, scan them with my printer/scanner then email them to someone but that means I have to pull out my bulky printer/scanner to scan one document then pack it back away. Well not any more!!
I just learned about an awesome iPhone feature that is very useful for those of us who don’t always have access to a scanner or printer. You can scan a document using the camera in the NOTE app to create a PDF document.
You can use the link below to see how to do it, but I copied the instructions below.
Instructions from Apple site: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210336
How to Scan a Document
- Open a note or create a new note.
- Tap , then tap Scan Documents.
- Place your document in view of the camera on your device.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will be automatically scanned. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap or one of the Volume buttons.
- Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- You can add additional scans to the document or tap Save when you’re done. Your document is saved in PDF format.
- Once your document is saved, you can use the icon at the top right to send it in an email, message or text.
If you need to sign a document
- Tap the document in the NOTE app.
- Tap , then tap Markup.
- To add your signature, tap , then tap Signature .
- To manually sign your document, select a tool to use, then sign with your finger or an Apple Pencil with a compatible iPad.
- Tap Done.