Easy ham and bean soup in 20 minutes with your Instant Pot or any Pressure Cooker. Just add cornbread and you’re done!
15 Bean Soup
When cooler temps prevail, a warm bowl of soup is just the ticket. Not that it's cool here in Houston in the middle of July no less but we have rain today so the temps are a little cooler. This is an easy Instant Pot recipe that is done in 20 minutes – from dry beans! I put some ham and onions in it (you can add diced up potatoes too but I was out of them). I'll make some Jiffy corn bread to go with it and it'll be a great dinner tonight.
- Instant Pot
- 1 pkg 15 bean soup mix
- 1 cup diced ham or a ham bone
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced potato Optional
- Put the beans, ham, onions, potato (optional) in the Instant Pot. Fill with water until covered by about 1" over the beans. Add bean seasoning packet and stir.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on and make sure the knob on top is set to Seal not Vent.
- Use the Manual setting to cook and set it to cook 20 minutes. When it's done, you can either do a quick release (QR) or just let it sit until the pressure valve drops releasing the lid so you can open it. Season to taste and enjoy!!
After cooking, I switched out my lid for a glass one and set the Instant Pot to Slow Cook until it was time for dinner. Use the Adjust button to lower the temp to Low during this time because you only want to keep it warm until your ready to eat, not continue to cook or you’ll have mushy beans!