Have you seen the signs at the stores asking for exact change due to a coin shortage? We’ve seen several. Now we hear that there’s a bill shortage too? WTH? Did all the money at the mint/banks test positive for COVID and now they are in quarantine?
We’ve even seen a bank in Wisconsin post an incentive of $5 for every $100 of coins that you bring in!
Saw a post about the perils of going ‘cashless’ attributed to Dave Ramsey but he said it wasn’t him. Well it may not have been Dave Ramsey who wrote it but the points are still legit (see below).
We CAN’T go cashless. While there may be upticks – like drug dealers won’t be able to peddle their wares on the corners – it’s still a bad idea. Very bad. What will the Tooth Fairy leave under the pillow? An IOU? A juice box? A bag of chips? We’ve started our oldest grand with a piggy bank a long time ago – for quarters only – and we give him quarters every time we see him.
While I can’t fathom a cashless society ever actually happening, there’s a lot of things happening in 2020 that I never thought would happen either so beware! So far 2020 has been a wild ride! Hang on folks! It’s not over yet!!
HERE’S WHAT NO CASH ACTUALLY MEANS:
A cashless society means no cash. Zero. It doesn’t mean mostly cashless and you can still use a ‘wee bit of cash here & there’. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for. A cashless society means:
- If you are struggling with your mortgage on a particular month, you can’t do an odd job to get you through.
- Your child can’t go & help the local farmer to earn a bit of summer cash.
- No more cash slipped into the hands of a child as a good luck charm or from their grandparent when going on holidays.
- No more money in birthday cards.
- No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.
- No more cash for a rainy day fund or for that something special you have been putting $20 a week away for.
- No more little jobs on the side because your wages barely cover the bills or put food on the table.
- No more charity collections.
- No more selling bits & pieces from your home that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.
- No more cash gifts from relatives or loved ones.
What a cashless society does guarantee:
- Banks have full control of every single penny you own.
- Every transaction you make is recorded.
- All your movements & actions are traceable.
- Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 3 weeks, a thousand questions answered & five thousand passwords.
- You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every dollar in your possession.
- The government WILL decide what you can & cannot purchase.
- If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.
If you are a customer, pay with cash. If you are a shop owner, remove those ridiculous signs that ask people to pay by card. Cash is a legal tender, it is our right to pay with cash.
Pay with cash & please say no to a cashless society while you still have the choice.